Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Husbands the Greatest!

This July 17th was mine and Justin's two year anniversary. Wow, time flies. Although it kind of feels like we've been married for a lot more than that. Not saying that like it's a bad thing. Justin has been around since I was fifteen so it just kind of feels like I've been married to him since them. Two years and two kids later. Geeze. We had decided that we weren't going to do much for this anniversary since Zoey was only six weeks and we went somewhere last year. Justin still did his best to make it special though. He is way more thoughtful than I am. So we decided we would celebrate on the weekend since Justin had school and work during the week. He told me we would be going out on a date and to ask my mom if she could watch the kids but that was a much as I knew. Which I loved. I love surprises. So Friday night we dropped them off and headed down to Provo. This was the first time I had left Zoey with my mom for more than an hour so it made me a little anxious. Not that I don't trust my mom, I absolutely DO trust my mom. I wouldn't leave Zoey with anyone else.. but it was still hard. I'm sure I still have a good amount of pregnancy homrmones pumping through my viens (or...wherever the hormones are in your...body) at this point so I still imagine very crazy/scary/bad things happening to me and Justin and the kids. I can even start crying about it if I think about it for too long. Anyways, I didn't think so much about what could happen to Zoey but what about if something happened to me. My kids need me. I swear, hormones make your mind run wild and make you think worst case senario, always. I hate that, but that what happens to my thoughts just the same.

So we went to P.F. Changs for dinner. I love P.F. Changs, it's so good and we had gift cards so that was an added bonus. Dinner for free. And then we headed to West Valley. West Valley? I know there are plenty of nice places in West Valley, I've been to them, but when you think of West Valley, don't you think it's kind of....I don't know.... the ghetto or something. Anyways, he gave me clues to where we were going the whole night but I was having a hard time figuring it out. I really didn't want to ruin the surprise because I love surprises but it was still fun to guess. He told me it's something we have always wanted to do but never done. So I guess, Jump on it. I-Fly. Some play or concert. I couldn't think. I don't remember what actually gave it away but about five minutes before we got there I said, "Going to see a comedian?" And that was it! I was so excited. The place is called Wiseguys and it was sooo much fun. From the outside it doesn't look like really anything special but when you walk  into the room you feel like you are walking into a Club or something. Everything is really dark with flashing lights and loud music. I could tell I was going to love this already. The comedian we were going to see was Drew Carey. Most people know him from The Drew Carey Show (obviously) and Who's line is it anyway. There was also quite a bit of short comedic skits from a group...that I now ca't remember the name of. It was all really hilarious though. I absolutely loved it and recommend it to everyone, everyone like 18 and older. Sometimes it got a little crude, anyways, funny funny.

I just love Justin. He is so great. And for my anniversary gift he got me an essential oils kits. Not exactly a normal anniversary gift but I really really wanted it so I was so excited! And...props for me, I, for the first time in my whole life, surprised Justin with a gift that I knew from the second I saw it, he would love. That never happens to me. Normally I just make him pick out his own gifts because he is freaking picky. So I got him this really nice single serve coffee maker that supposedly make fantastic coffee. He loved it. It can even make hot chocolate because I looove hot chocolate. I think I've had it three times in the past week. So, overall I am pretty impressed with myself. And our date was great. Can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! I miss you Tephy!
    P.S. You need to post some pics of your kidos on here. Maybe them in Halloween outfits or something? I haven't seen them in so long I expect to come back and James will be driving and Zoey will be riding a bike. Or at least crawling.

    ReplyDelete